Monday, April 20, 2009

IT'S SPRING???? Or is it?????

This is probably the MOST confusing year for weather. One day it's blizzarding, the next, it's 50 degrees, then it's snowing again! How fair is that??

The kids just take it all in stride.

Let's see.....it's been way too long since I posted. I guess I'll start with Christmas. Yikes! that's 4 months ago.
We had a nice Christmas. My favorite part is my family getting together at Mom and Dad's on Christmas Eve. This year we did it at Michael and Ruth's house. It was great. Mom discovered some costumes and the kids re-inact the Christmas story. Michael was the narrator. Danielle's husband, Jason, was Samuel and the kids were Joseph, Mary, wisemen, animals, etc. Then, we have the gift exchange. It was a fun night. I love getting with the family. It's been so great having Michael and Ruth and their family close. I know that they miss California, but it is so good to have them here. We missed them at all the family stuff just as much as they miss their friends that are still in California.
The kids had lots of fun the next day opening their "way too many gifts". We were very blessed by friends and family. Someone did "Sub For Santa" for our family this year. They had gifts for everyone. I wish that I could thank them personally because it was such a sweet surprise. Those people will be blessed as well.
I had to work a lot of really crazy shifts for the holidays because our student employees were gone for the break, but it all seemed to work out. There have been a lot of changes in our office.
We are no longer Campus Police. The police authority has been removed from campus and we are now Security & Safety. 5 or our police officers went to work for the Rexburg City Police. We miss them. 2 full-time dispatchers are no longer there and it's just 2 full-time dispatchers left. The rest of the shifts are covered by students. I have been made Dispatch Supervisor/Office Assistant. It's been a very busy transition for all of us. My friend Patricia has been helping. I couldn't have done a lot of it without her.
Sarah started pre-school at Adams Elementary in January. She absolutely loves it! They built a new school in Burton and they have moved the pre-school out there now, but they are very excited to be in a brand new school. Two girls from our neighborhood are in her class. Lilly Hodges and Payton Fullmer. Their moms take turns taking the girls to class and I pick them up when it's over. One day, I showed everyone what a really great mom I am. I forgot to pick them up! I was mortified. They were none the worse for wear, thanks to the great teacher they have. She just said that I had forgotten that it was a school day, but I was on my way. Geez!

Jeff recently had knee surgery and is recovering very quickly. It was quite a day. We started out in the surgical center but Malignant Hypothermia (an alergy to anesthesia) runs in one side of Jeff's family and we had to be transferred to the hospital instead. He had to be observed for 6 hours following the surgery. He was VERY happy when they finally said he could go home. He says his knee tells him when he's knelt too long. It still doesn't really care to be knelt on much yet.
Grayson's 10th birthday was yesterday. He turned 10! He got a brand new bike and just can't spend enough time on it. We were supposed to celebrate with family on saturday, but he has strep. He got a shot....thanks to Dad, and is feeling much better now.
Hailey is getting ready to be baptized on June 6. She is so excited. She is also excited because it's her 8th birthday and she FINALLY gets to have a birthday party. She's been planning it for 2 months. She is upset because it's not a boy/girl party. Geez~I can hardly wait 'til she's a teenager.
Analeigh is 2. Need I say more? She is growing and learning by leaps and bounds. Her brother and sisters can't keep up with her (needless to say neither can Jeff and I). She refuses to be left behind on anything her siblings do. She's a smart one. She's the only one of my 4 kids that have figured out that if you want to go somewhere with mom and/or daddy, you'd better be ready. When she finds out we're going, she rushes around getting dressed or getting her shoes and coat as she's saying,"Can I come?" I know I don't tell any of my family often enough, how very much I love them. I am so blessed by a good husband and 4 beautiful kids. I love them so much!
Well, I guess it's time to end this and learn how to post the photos. I'll be contacting Ruth and Jill very soon to get their assistance. I didn't realize I was so computer illiterate!
Love to all who are reading this. Thank you for all the love and support you give me each and every day.

No comments: